
Spring was late making it's appearance this year, but when it finally did, we were haulin' horses over to the Marsing's Ranch trail. It's our annual spring ride. It was beautiful this year! Everything was really green from the slow thaw. We took a smaller crew than usual, and it was the first time I have ridden in that we didn't see several other groups of riders. It was just us!

Rumor has it this is an old Jesse James hideout...and it is hard to find!

The boys had a blast pretending to be outlaws.

Jason, Trevin and I on the trail.

Levi and Dawson shared a mount. All the horses did well. I am always nervous on the first ride of the springtime. The horses can be unpredictable, and the riders are out of practice. There was nothing to be nervous about. We made good time and really enjoyed ourselves.
On the way home we stopped for a sandwich and fuel. We were only about an hour away from home when I went to get my phone out of my purse to make a call and realized that my purse was missing. I had left it at the gas station. I felt so desperate and helpless. After several phonecalls, we found out that my purse was still at the gas station. Someone had turned it in unopened. A few days later when I finally got it back, nothing had been touched. It really gave me some hope in humanity. There really are a lot of good, honest people out there, and I am so thankful!
No comments:
Post a Comment