
We spent the weekend in
Richfield at the Region Riding Club Competition. We had a great time! Jeff competed in several events doing very well and having a lot of fun.

In between events the kids enjoyed going for rides with their dad and watching the other competitors. They ran around with the other kids and played a lot in the dirt.

Daisy's friend Drew was there and they spent as much time as they could riding this horse "Texas." I think it is so funny that they were riding around in their flip flops.

The events went past midnight so the kids and I left Jeff at the competition and went to the hotel to swim. The three of us swam for hours and hours. My kids are like fish. They have no fear of the water, which is not always a good thing. Even without any fancy slides or splash parks they were thoroughly entertained climbing out and jumping in over and over and over again. I finally coaxed them out of the water 20 minutes after the pool was supposed to close. The three of us rinsed off in the shower back in our room then headed across the street to the gas station for some late night ice cream. We ate it in bed as we watched the Olympics. Jeff got to the room at 1:30 in the morning and took off again at 7:00. The kids and I were back in the pool less than 15 minutes after we woke up. We swam for a few hours before eating breakfast and packing up to head back over to the competition. It was so nice to have a mini weekend getaway and really just spend time with the kids. While I get to spend all day every day with them, I don't always get to focus all my attention on them. It was good to have the whole weekend to do what they wanted and have things a little out of the ordinary.
7 comments:
Sounds fun! Yes, it's nice to get out of the house and just get to enjoy TIME with each other w/o all the "duties" of home! Congrats Jeff on a job well done!
So, maybe I just struggle but what events do they actually compete in? This sounds like so much fun! I love that your kids are not afraid of the water. I bet they slept good after hours in the pool. You have such a cute family!
You are such a fun mom! I love it! Little mini getaways are the best!
I love that picture of Levi eating corn in your slideshow, he is so stinkin cute! Glad you guys got to get away and have some family time, that is always fun:)
So can I ask a stupid question? What exactly is Jeff competing for? It is great that you were able to go with him and just have a fun, relaxing weekend. They have the region wrestles for 2A there every year and we love to go spend the weekend in richfield too!
Kyle and I are going to riding club next summer for sure. We were asked if we wanted to this summer but Kyle has crazy busy with the farm and work.
So how did Jeff do? Did you see the Emery County Riding Club?
It looks like you had a great time! It is so wonderful to make those memories with the kids and just spend good quality time with them. Jeff is such a cowboy and I cannot imagine staying out so late and then turning around to go again in the early morning. It just shows you how much he must love it! Stacey
Post a Comment