
We went to the Draper Temple Open House! The temple, of course, was beautiful. It was so much fun to go and do something out of the ordinary with our family.

First we met at a meetinghouse in Draper where we watched a short film about temples. Then they moved us to the Cultural Hall where we waited to board the bus to the temple.

Since neither of my kids have ever been on a bus before, the short bus ride to the temple was actually one of the big highlights of the trip for them.

The temple took over two years to build. It was breathtaking. One of the first things we saw after entering the temple was the baptismal font. Levi: "Dad! Look at the bulls! I'm gonna ride the bulls! I'm gonna rope 'em and ride 'em!" He was even more excited when he realized there was a '
swimmy pool' on top of the bulls. Daisy liked seeing "all the things on the inside" but the "baptizing" was her favorite part too. I loved all the woodwork and framed art. There were a lot of beautiful original pieces. Best of all, however, was the HUGE Celestial room. The ceiling was so high it felt like it went clear up to heaven.

After touring the temple we went to another meetinghouse where we had cookies and saw some displays about the gospel. This is a picture of our family just after our tour. The kids weren't overly impressed with the temple itself, but I think that is because they are too young to understand the significance of the ordinances that take place there. Regardless, I do hope that they will remember going there and live their lives so that they can return again and again.
6 comments:
That Levi is soo cute! Looks like a great time!
I wish we could've gone :( Oh well, we'll go to another I'm sure. I am thinking of doing Russian/Spanish (one of the languages has to be non-germanic, non-romance). Thanks again for coming this weekend!
Hi Natasha! I found you on a friends blog. It looks like everything is going soooo good for you! Your kids are so cute and congrats on the pregnancy! Do you know if it's a boy or girl? We find out next week what we are having! Keep in touch!
What a great family trip. Levi is so cute in his church clothes..what a stud!
That is so cool. I wish it was open the last time we were in tooele. I hear it is such a pretty temple.
That is so cool. I wish it was open the last time we were in tooele. I hear it is such a pretty temple.
Post a Comment