Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sibling Class

We went to the Sibling Class at the hospital for Family Home Evening. The kids were so much fun! Daisy took everything very seriously and listened carefully to all the information. In Levi's little world the whole production was just for him and he loved every minute of it. They got to put on doctor gear before heading up to see the new babies in the nursery. When we got up there Levi was asking which one of the newborn's was "we're baby." We explained that none of these was our baby, that ours was still in mom's tummy. It was cracking me up that in his mind we will go to the hospital and just pick up our baby when it is time.
The instructor told the kids what they have to do before holding the baby (wash their hands, ask mom or dad, and sit down) and then showed them how to hold a baby. Daisy was so careful to follow all the instructions and even asked me later that night if I could watch her with her doll and make sure she was doing it right.

Levi is so excited to be a big brother. He is certain that the baby is going to be a boy and he even gets a little feisty when we mention that it might be a sister. He tells me over and over every day, "I big, huh mom. The baby little." I was pleasantly surprised with how careful he was with the doll in class since he is pretty much not careful with anything. When we walked in he said, "This my class! You my teacher?" He definitely earned the prize for the most participation.
I would also blog about Kindergarten registration since that was the big event in Daisy's life this week, but I'm in denial about that whole thing so until August gets here we will just pretend that it is not real.

9 comments:

Anthony and Christel said...

Ooh Kindergarten!! How fun! I know that Daisy will love it, wow she is growing up! I also can't wait to see if your new baby is a sister or a brother to Daisy and Levi!! You are getting pretty close, hopefully you are still feeling ok.

Paul and Stacey said...

How cute are your kids! I can see how excited they are to be a big sister and brother. Such wonderful pictures! Stacey

Brandi said...

What a cute activity! daisy will be such a help I am sure! And Levi will keep things exciting it sounds like! haha
Wow...i just read your sidebar thingy...anly 38 days to go?!?! WOW! That was fast! Are you ready?!:)
YES! We had kindergarten registration too...Yeah, walking into the little classroom brought tears to my eyes. I'm a wimp!
We can be in denial together!
Hope you are feeling well! (as good as you can those last few weeks, right?!)

Kayla said...

What an exciting time! Your kids are adorable! Good luck in the final stretch.

Brandi said...

How cute!
What a great thing for your kids. I bet that they are so excited for May to come!

Mindy said...

Thats so fun that your hospital does that! They will be great big siblings!

The Cox Family said...

I haven't ever heard of a Sibling Class and I think that it is a GREAT idea. I definitely need to look into that. The surgical attire looks great on your children and I am glad that Levi is excited about the whole idea of a new baby!

Jana said...

What a great idea. I love the pictures of your kids with the doll. They look like that are ready!! How about you?

JadeLuckMoney said...

I'm glad I was able to experience the aftermath of sibling class--complete with Daisy teaching me how to hold a baby :)