Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chelsea is home!

My adorable sister, Chelsea, got home from her mission yesterday! She served in the Ohio Cincinnati mission for the past 18 months. The kids and I drove to Cedar City to meet her at the airport along with the rest of my family. Jeff was taking midterms so he had to miss out. You should have seen the little Cedar airport! It was full to capacity with signs, balloons, and people! This picture of Daisy, Chelsea, and I was taken just after she got off the plane, which is why we have red eyes and tears.
After the big airport welcome we went back to my parents house and hung out for a couple hours before Chelsea was released and then the whole gang met at Costa Vida (Chelsea's request - she says there is NO good Mexican food in Ohio/Kentucky) for dinner. Costa Vida was also filled to capacity, which I'm sure they didn't mind.
Following Costa Vida, lots of laughs, and a few more tears, we were off to Maggie Moo's for ice cream. All Levi wanted was 'gummy bear' kind. Mine was good, but after eating at Costa Vida I was already stuffed. And for anyone that needs to know Maggie Moo's doesn't hold a candle to Cold Stone.
It is so good to have Chelsea back home. Last night as we all knelt around my parent's bed for prayers I couldn't help but feel how blessed we are. It felt so good to have my parents and sisters all under one roof again! In a lot of ways it feels as though she never left. There are a lot of people vying for her time right now, but I can hardly wait to get her up here to myself for a few days! And...if you know any great single guys, she needs to get going! (hehehe)

10 comments:

Brandi said...

OMH! Congrats to Chelsea! You all look so cute in your pics!
I am thinking of some cute single guys!
hehehe

Mindy said...

Thats so exciting!! She looks great! What a fun time for your family!

Jana said...

What a great day! How fun to have here home. She does looks great!

The Cox Family said...

I think that it is so fun that she was able to fly right into Cedar! Glad that she made it home safely!

Alan and Mindee said...

That is awesome! I didn't even know your sister was on a mission. What a special day!

JadeLuckMoney said...

I cannot believe you are trying to get me dates through your blog. Now that I've read it, how do I add you to my listy thing? And how do I get on yours? So many things they've changed since I've been here... :S

Kayla said...

How exciting! What a cute girl she is! Justin served in that same mission.

Bethany said...

Oh great, now I am craving Cold Stone! Thanks.
P.S. Your sister is beautiful! (No surprises there.) She won't need any help with the guys.

Megan said...

Nothing better than a sister coming home!!!! Chelsea looks so good. By the way, I can't take credit for taking the pics of Dayler. Mark used to do photography as a side job. He his way talented.

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.