Sunday, June 29, 2008

Swimming & 5K, Hooray!

Friday was the last day of Daisy's two-week-long swimming lesson session. Being able to go swimming every single day for two whole weeks was simply a dream come true. She not only loved it, she did a great job! She was the bravest one in her little 'Starfish' class. Her favorites were jumping in the pool and going under water - without plugging her nose (which was a very big deal.)
Levi came a long way during the two week session as well. We started out the first few days kicking and screaming because he couldn't get in the water. "Swimmy!" he would yell. It seemed so unfair to him that Daisy got to go swimming day after day and he never got a turn. By the end of the two weeks he and I came to enjoy our role as spectators. He would count for the kids going off the diving board, "two, free, go!" and clap when they splashed in the water.
My mom came up Friday and watched Daisy at her last swimming lesson, then Saturday morning we were off to Young Living Farm in Mona to run our first 5K! Neither of us has ever run a 5K before, and to be honest, neither of us are really runners at all. However, we have both been running for exercise for the past several months and wanted to try to finish a race. It was so much fun! The route went all through the lavender fields and was beautiful. We felt like real athletes when we got close to the finish line and there was a big crowd cheering the runners on. We can't wait to run the 5K for the Ute Stampede!

8 comments:

Brandi said...

GOOD JOB on your run!! That is so fun that you got to do it with your mom! Sounds like it was so beautiful up there. It's fun when you can see the finish line and hear all the cheering crowd! And good job to Daisy in her swimming lessons! Brayden did so well adn loved it so much that we signed him up for the next class to start in a couple weeks! He has turned into a little fish & i love it! Yes, summer is sweet! And the 4th of July is just about here! The best part! Enjoy yours!!

Teri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teri said...

Good Job Natasha! You look great! You are super skinny!! Especially when you've only been running for a few months. My body doesn't get skinny naturally like that, I have to run a ton!!! You are lucky! And even now, I still don't think my tummy will ever be back to normal!! My kids are worth it though. I remember my first 5k, it was a huge accomplishment for me. It used to be hard to even run 1 mile

Mindy said...

Track star what!!? Im so proud of you both!! How fun for you two! p.s. Liessa might get a little bit jealous with you going around calling Merilee "mom". Just so you know!

Jana said...

Congrats on finishing your race. You should be so proud of yourself. You look so great!

The Cox Family said...

I can't wait for swimming lessons! I remember how much fun I had when I was little. Hopefully Cam will like them as well. Daisy looks so cute in her little swimming suit.
I am also very impressed in your
5k. I seriously need to start running again. You are totally motivating me!

casey-trisha smith family said...

I'm glad Daisy liked swimming lessons. Cael is going to start the end of the month and i hope he likes it too. You look great, when your running you need to come pull my butt out of bed!!

Paul and Stacey said...

Wow! I am so proud of you! I can't even imagine running that far...let alone enjoying it. That is great that you are getting in shape. Some day I need to do the same thing!