Friday, February 1, 2008
Sick and Tired
Tuesday morning Levi, my 18-month-old, woke up sick and throwing up. All day Tuesday, all day Wednesday, all day Thursday, and so far today I have been rocking sick children, doing loads and loads of laundry, cleaning up lots and lots of throw up, praying, worrying, and spending a lot of time in the bathroom myself. My 3-year-old, Daisy, got the worst of it, and is not over it yet. As unfortunate as it has been, as I clean up yet another mess, something inside tells me this is all part of being a mom. It feels as though I am somehow connected to a greater motherhood both past and present. I think of all the mothers ever who have comforted sick children and done their very best to care for their families under not-so-perfect conditions. It makes me feel privileged to be a caregiver and a mommy, even when I'm sick and tired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I admire you Natasha! It's not always easy to be so positive, I wish I was as strong as you! I hope that you all feel better soon.
Tash, I am so sorry. What a horrible week! It is so hard when the whole family is sick including you and all you want to do is sleep all day, but you can't because you have to take care of everyone else. It seems that we always get through it though. I wish you the best of luck!
yuck yuck yuck. I'm not even going to say how I hope that Brooke doesn't get sick because that may jinx her...I just knocked on wood... Hang in there.
Post a Comment