Saturday, February 7, 2009

No More Diapers!

We have been spending every spare moment working on our basement apartment at Jeff's parents house. I never knew motherhood and 'back to school' would mean I would become a subcontractor! As a result, things have felt a little hectic and disconnected (envision a laundry pile the size of a small mountain.) In spite of the construction project, we've had some fun times and even a major milestone!

This is Daisy sporting her new CTR ring, which she thinks is the greatest thing since Sparkles Rope. She wears it continually and washes it daily to make sure it stays shiny. I don't have the heart to tell her that if she keeps doing that it will turn her finger green. She even walks around warning Levi to 'choose the right.'
And here's our milestone! Levi is using the potty! I think this is the greatest thing since disposable diapers. I am so proud of him! He caught on very quickly and is even waking up dry in the mornings. He loves his 'Buzz Lightyears' and 'red ballgame' big boy pants. I am a little hesitant to declare victory because I am fearful of regression when the baby is born, but so far it has been really nice not to have to deal with diapers at all! Way to go Levi!
For Supper Club this month Mandi and her family planned for us to all go roller skating. This is a picture of the Supper Club moms. (I'm the big pregnant one, in case you couldn't tell - ick!) I haven't roller skated in nearly a decade and it was so fun! Daisy, on the other hand, wasn't such a fan, and Jeff didn't even attempt it (chicken.) The kids brought bikes and played basketball, and had a blast running around and being crazy after being cooped up inside for so long. I ate so much pizza I probably could've won an eating contest.


9 comments:

Alan and Mindee said...

Natasha,
I couldn't even tell you were pregnant! You look tiny, even though I am sure you probably feel otherwise. You kids are so cute! You will have to give me some potty training suggestions!

Jana said...

Congrats on the potty training. I have yet to accomplish this task. I have tried SO hard and nothinig is working.
You look great in the pic! I wish that I looked that good pregnant!

Linds said...

I agree that you look great, so knock off the ick comments!! I'm glad Levi is doing so well too. Brooke is doing awesome and from the horror stories I've heard I'm just counting my blessings. And I just your post about the car and about peed my pants! I've done that so many times! And I don't have pregnancy brain!!!!

Thedailydansie said...

How did you potty train Levi? Brian keeps telling me that if I would just spend a couple of days with Davis it would be easy. I said I'm not about to do anything till after the baby is born. You are so lucky!

Mindy said...

Hooray Levi!!! You look great! Miss Daisy is getting so big!

Bethany said...

I am glad that you clarified you were pregnant in that picture because I wouldn't have known otherwise! You look fabulous.
I always tell people that I won't even think about another baby until Audrey is out of diapers and for that reason I haven't started potty training! Congratulations Levi!

Tenille said...

I agree...you still don't look pregnant. And congrats on getting Levi potty trained. That is awesome. That is the best feeling in the world knowing they are potty trained. I still remember the day and time that Cooper officially became potty trained. It was that glorious of a day for me:)

Anthony and Christel said...

Potty training SUCKS...so I am so glad that you (technically Levi) is having great success!! :)

The Cox Family said...

Good job Levi! Now he needs to come show Cam how to do it, because I am sick of changing diapers. I also love that Daisy has to always wear her ring and is such a great example to her brother!