Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Time Out For Me!

I spent the weekend in Las Vegas at Time Out for Women with one of my oldest friends in the world, Brandi, and her beautiful friend Melissa. I had always thought Time Out sounded like fun, but if Brandi hadn't called me and started putting it all together way back in April, it would have never materialized. I am so grateful she did!
We were stoked to get these cute totes, but even better were the amazing presenters. President Hinckley's daughter, Virginia Hinckley Pierce was there unannounced and was simply fantastic. Amanda Dickson (author of Wake Up To A Happier Life) was SO funny, Hilary Weeks was incredibly inspiring, and that was just the start.
I only knew a few of Hilary Weeks' songs before I went, but I walked away craving more. More than just astound us with her music, she shared so many inspiring stories and life experiences.
This is us with Due West (check them out at www.duewest.com) lead singer Tim Gates. He has the MOST AMAZING voice! Can't wait for their CD to be released.
We, of course, had to eat at the Cheesecake Factory. I confess it was my first time there and I was pretty much floored by the cheesecake. It was SO yummy. I was so glad to spend this time rejuvenating before I had to start packing and moving! Brandi and Melissa were great. Time Out is coming to St. George next November and all I can say is I'm there. Let me know if you want to join me.

11 comments:

Brandi said...

I keep telling people it was one of the best experiences of my life! So glad you were there with me! We haven't hung out like that in...what, 10 years??!! (Are we really that old?? NO..we don't age, just everyone else, right?!) Good luck with the move and yes,I WILL be there next year in the FRONT row next to you! :)

Anthony and Christel said...

Ok, what is Time Out exactly? I don't think that I have ever heard of it, but it sounds very interesting.

Danielle said...

You look like you had so much fun. That'w what I need is a little pick me up, remind me closer to november.

Paul and Stacey said...

Good for you taking some time to enjoy being with your friends! It sounds like so much fun! Stacey

Mindy said...

Looks looks like you girls had a blast! Its coming to Phoenix in the spring, maybe ill go!

Shane and Kendra said...

How Fun! I've heard that this is something every mom/woman should try to attend. Everyone could stand to get there cup "refilled" at a weekend like this!

Melissa said...

That was the best ever! It was good to meet you! Thank you for your incredible insites too! You are very knowledgable and taught me a thing or two... plus you are fun fun fun!!! Good luck with everything!

Jana said...

Explain....What is it all about?

Natasha said...

Time Out is a Women's Conference sponsored by Deseret Book. It is held all over the country and in Canada each spring and fall. Various LDS speakers, singers, songwriters do inspiring presentations. It is not sponsored or indorsed by the Church, but it is very uplifting.

Amanda said...

I am very interested. When you get more details for next year please let me know. I am so glad you got to go, it is so great to get away. By the way you look great!

The Cox Family said...

I am so jealous! I have heard so many wonderful things about it and definitely need to put it in my schedule for next year. You guys look so cute and I can't believe how many incredible people you were able to meet!