Sunday, October 5, 2008
Apartment Sweet Apartment
I haven't lived in an apartment since my first year of college seven years ago. I must say apartment living is a little different these days now that I have a family, but it (so far) is not nearly as bad as I expected. We spent our first night here on Thursday and officially turn over the house tomorrow morning. I never in my worst nightmares imagined how incredibly difficult moving was going to be. Now I have some sympathy for all of you that have moved all over the country and back! It was entirely exhausting mentally, emotionally, and physically. I cannot comprehend what it would have been like without all the help of our friends, family members and ward members. They were right there with us every step of the way. They packed boxes, lifted and carried, kept the kids, brought in meals, cleaned, cleaned and cleaned. Through all these changes I cannot help but reflect on our abundant blessings. I thought I would feel deprived and sacrificial, but I have become so aware of what an amazing opportunity this is and how we have been helped every step of the way. Today as I listened to Conference and attempted to tackle some of the 437 boxes that are stacked floor to ceiling in the apartment, there were so many times that I felt reassurance, comfort, and motivation. I have always loved Conference, but it was such a sweet blessing for it to fall on the same weekend that we had to be out of the house. I so desperately needed the spiritual sustenance that I gain from General Conference. So now we are unpacking rather than packing and trying to get settled in. Other than that, it's life as usual: laundry, dishes, bills, etc. Normal is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I am so glad it hasn't been too bad! I agree, conference was great as always. I am so glad you had family and friends that were able to help you guys out!...If i were there I would be helping you unpack as we speak! :)
P.S.-Have you gotten anything from me in your mail???
That was fast! I agree that moving is awful. Glad you guys are in and getting settled!
I am so glad that all is well with you guys, and that you have so much help, love, and support. Maybe we can stop by next time we are in town!:)
I'm glad your being so posative your a trooper. Good luck with all thats happening, I couldn't imagine moving I have way too much stuff.
Its good to hear that you are doing well. I hate moving...and I hope that I never have to do it again. I can't believe how brave you are! I could never had done it!
I agree with everyone on the whole moving thing. It gets worse every time! I am glad that you are all done with it though and had such great help. I don't know if you told us or not, but where exactly is your apartment? Good luck unpacking!
Well it has to feel a little like home if you have the internet :) So is you hubby actually going to school fall semester or will he start in the spring?
Happy Unpacking!!! You have such a good attitude which is going to take you far! It is amazing how life can change in an instant! That will be really neat for your husband to go back to school. I am sure you will both look back with no regrets!!! Good Luck!
Hey, hope you dont care but I found your blog from Mindee's. You have such a cute family! If you want to keep in touch I am at brettandsylviabrindley.blogspot.com
If is's ok i'll add you to mine!
I feel your pain on the moving! It is stressful! You are lucky to have people around to help, it makes such a difference!
Post a Comment