Friday, August 24, 2012

Farm Style

 I don't really consider us a "farm family." Even though we do chores on a daily basis night and morning, like gathering the eggs from our chickens, riding our horses, taking care of our cows, playing with our dog and moving sprinkler wheel lines, we don't raise crops outside of our small garden, and we don't drive tractors and plows every day.  So I'm not sure we qualify as "farmers" until I look in the backyard and see what my husband rigged up for my kids...

 No, your eyes are not deceiving you.  Yes, that is a horse trough that my kids are swimming in.
 And yes, that is Levi's cute bum.
 And yes, they needed goggles for this occasion.

 Does it get any better than this?
 Little brother (in big brother's swim suit) wasn't a big fan of the frigid trough water.  This was about as close as he got to getting in.

It ain't heated, it ain't filtered, it ain't chlorinated, but for this hot summer afternoon "on the farm" it was perfect.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

We love you guys!!! What a fun summer activity :) You guys really are the best.

Jana said...

Love...love...love it!

Mindy said...

That's so fun. I bet they loved it!