Jeff got off work early on Friday so, on a whim, I decided to go to the temple while he hung out with the kids. Our temple just reopened from its spring cleaning and I really wanted to get there before the baby was born. The temple session was small and exactly what I needed. I felt so close to the Spirit. Late Friday/early Saturday I started feeling contractions. We were hosting our "Supper Club" at our house that morning (we did a breakfast Pajama Party with the families) so I got up early and started getting ready for that. The contractions kept coming throughout breakfast. We successfully fed twenty people that morning. As everyone left and we were cleaning up my contractions were coming harder and faster. I stayed busy folding laundry, sweeping the floor, and packing the hospital bag. I wanted to labor at home as long as possible. All of our family was out of town for the weekend, so we called our friends, the Bosh's, to see if they would keep our older kids while we went to the hospital. We dropped the kids off at 3:30 and got checked into the hospital just before 4:00.

At 5:53, after just two hours at the hospital, our baby boy was born. It was a perfect delivery. I deliver my babies naturally and things couldn't have gone better. The staff left us alone and Jeff and I just worked through labor together. Words are insufficient to convey the emotions that accompany participating in such a miracle. I consider the ability to bear children one of the greatest blessings in my life.

My mom and sisters arrived just 10 minutes after he was born and went to pick up the kids so they could meet their new baby brother.

He was beautiful! (well...as beautiful as brand newborns are) His head was perfectly shaped and covered in long, thick, dark hair.

He was very alert and active right from the start. The doctor handed him to me immediately after he was delivered. He clamped the cord as I was holding him and Jeff cut it. They dried him off and weighed him and then he latched on and I was able to nurse him right in the delivery room. It was exactly the labor and delivery I had hoped for all along.
6 comments:
Ohhhh how sweet Tash! He is so darling. And how do you look that good after just having a baby?!?! Congrats again, I am so glad it all went perfectly!
If I lived by you, I'd bring you dinner! :(
Tell me how life is with 3!
I am a little nervous about the thought....;)
Wow, I am so glad that everything went so well during the delivery! Isaac has so much dark hair, and of course Natasha you look amazing!! Congratulations!!!
Hes gorgeous! Im glad you had a great delivery, and that he is better. Congratulations again!
I'm glad that is was a good delivery. He is such a cute little guy! I hope that everyone is doing good and we can't wait to meet him in June. I love his hair, it reminds me of Reece's.
Natasha you are the only woman I know that could have pulled off hosting breakfast and having a baby just a few hours later! You are superwoman! He is so handsome! I love the hair...reminds me of my boys. I am glad to hear that both mom and baby are doing well!
Wow you were meant to have kids. THat is a perfect delivery story. And I agree you look amazing.
Post a Comment