Friday, November 21, 2008

More You Didn't Want to Know About Me

My friend Shalise tagged me, so here you go:
Rules: Post eight habits, quirks, or interesting facts about yourself then tag eight people at the end.
1. I am not a girly girl, even though sometimes I wish I was. I don't wear perfume, jewelry (really - none, just my wedding ring and a pair of small silver hoops,) paint my nails, color my hair, and I wear jeans almost every day.
2. I don't like to shop. I mean really shop. I don't mind doing the grocery shopping and basics like that, it doesn't bother me or even feel like a chore, but I don't like to go shopping for clothes, shoes, decorations, furniture, etc. I would much rather browse online and not have to deal with stores, racks, crowds, salespeople, or trying things on.
3. My favorite drink is water. I prefer it over anything else. I rarely order a 'value meal' because I would rather have water than soda. I drink a ton of it and there's nothing I like more.
4. Three of my great-grandmothers are still living, which means we have five generations three different ways. Two of them are in poor health, but one of my Great-Grandmothers will most likely be around for a while to come. This is not only a 'unique' thing about me, but a very cool blessing.
5. I have an obsession with putting shopping carts away. It drives me CRAZY when people unload their cart and PUSH IT INTO THE PARKING LOT to hit someone else's car. If you push it out, put it away. It's not that difficult. I've often watched people go to more effort to wedge their car into the curb or grass than it would take to put it into the little cart corral.
6. I love mustard. I think it is the greatest invention ever that someone took a little seed, crushed it, mixed it with vinegar and voila! Mustard! It has such a great unique flavor and is good on nearly everything. I dip my french fries and pretzels in mustard, and now Daisy does too.
7. I had VERY blond hair as a child. It gradually got darker as I got older, then when I stopped coloring it in college it was very dark brown - only my eyebrows didn't get the memo and they are still blond, which means I have to color them every day. Yes, I look very funny without my make-up on.
8. I am NOT a night owl. Jeff teases that the coach turns into a pumpkin at 10:05. I can't stay awake and I am no fun at night. I can get up at 5:30 (but why would I unless I have to) and be good to go all day long, but put me to bed early.
I tag Christel, Jana, Susan, Emily, Brandi, Bethany, Kadie, and Rachel.

10 comments:

Linds said...

First, I'm a little upset that you didn't tag me. Second, I don't mean to bring it up, but I'll never forget the ONE time you came to class with no makeup and DR Gardner didn't recognize you, and third, I have the same obsession with shopping carts...when are you coming up next?

Devin & Shalise said...

I totally had blonde hair when I was little too! It only last till I was about 3 though!

Mindy said...

Everytime I get the mustard out, I think of how many packets you used to go through whenever we would go to Arbys!

Jana said...

You can't stay up at night? I clearly remember when you and Mindy would stay up until 4:00am singing church songs until all hours of the night while the rest of us would cuss at you under our pillow!

Alan and Mindee said...

Wow, we have so much in common! I am so with you on the shopping. I went to Provo yesterday and it was a zoo!!! I have done most of my Christmas shopping online this year and I have to say it is fabulous especially with the free shipping opportunities. I am also with you on the shopping carts and I to think water is so much tastier than soda! Interesting tag, crazy that we have so much in common!

The Cox Family said...

I love these tags and though I already know most of them it was fun to hear about them. I ditto what Jana said because I clearly remember you staying up until all hours of the night-with certain people who will remain nameless:)!

All 4 of us said...

I'm glad you blogstalked me! I am glad to see that you are doing well. It has been forever. It seems like a million awkward years ago. :)

Shane and Kendra said...

I am so glad that through these tags I am getting to know you better...and I love mustard too!

Tasha Alycia said...

Ok. I am having a vague flashback from high school. It involves Denney's, you, and mustard all over someones face..... maybe I am dreaming??!?!

Lyns said...

That was fun to read - really! Thanks for your comment on my blog - I totally feel like I'm being careless, reckless, and putting my family in danger for blogging lately! LOL! I'm glad you feel the same way. Anywho - congrats on your pregnancy. I didn't know! April/May is a GREAT time to have a baby! :)