The men got the camp trailer and the horse trailer all packed last Friday. I was assigned banana bread, cookies, and stew, along with the grocery list so I had been baking all day. They headed out around noon. He called on Saturday to say they had seen some big bulls, taken some shots, but not had any success.
He was pretty disappointed with his harvest. He's been thinking about it ever since. While it's a nice bull, the biggest one he's ever killed, he said they saw several that were a lot bigger if he would have just waited and taken his time. Now he has a waiting period and won't be eligible for a big bull tag for at least 5 years! I must confess I am relieved that we don't have to mount it, which we would if it were any bigger. Big bull or not, it's all about the memories, right?
6 comments:
wow those are cool pictures. That thing looks pretty big to me!
Tell Jeff Congratulations! It looks very nice. It looks like a lot of fun and a lot of work! See you guys soon!
Cool! Now you have to eat Elk meat (not my favorite)!!
Looks like a great trip. I am always thankful for a kill in the first few days so that it can finally be over!
Congrats Jeff! I agree that the memories are what's most important. Do you guys eat the meat? Growing up I used to like elk steak and elk stew and not to forget elk heart which actually tasted pretty good! We of corse don't eat game now because according to my husband it's to hard to do when there's a beef in the freezer!!! I'm glad Jeff got home safely and all is well - and way to go Natasha on the baking! Banana Bread sounds so good. You will have to post it on the recipe blog!!!
I still just don't get the whole hunting thing. I think Shaun was a little disapointed that he didn't get to go with him during the week. I'm glad that you got your husband back!
We have a nice bull elk that is mounted....but its not in my house! Its proudly hanging at a steak house. I say size doesnt matter, just think of all the meat you'll get! Elk burger is really good. You cant tell that its elk!
Post a Comment