Monday, May 12, 2008

Summer's Comin'


After this weekend I can finally tell summer is on it's way. Jeff took Levi up to our Stake Father's & Son's Campout on Friday night, so Daisy and I had Girl's Night Out. Then early Saturday morning we saddled up for a family ride with the Riding Club. It was the first time Daisy has ridden Sparkles Rope by herself in the mountains. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful ride...until Daisy's hat caught on some brush, fell off, and spooked her pony. Sparkles Rope bolted forward and Daisy rolled right off the back. It scared her to death. She didn't want to get back on but she didn't really have a choice. We were only about three-quarters the way there. She rode in and we were so proud of her.

Early Sunday morning we headed to Cedar City for Mother's Day. We all surprised my Grandma and got family pictures taken for her Mother's Day gift. Afterward we got together at my parent's house for our annual Mother's Day barbecue where my dad does Dutch oven chicken and potatoes. It was so much fun to spend time with my family. I truly have such a great legacy of women and mothers in my family. It was a beautiful day. We also got to talk to my sister, Chelsea, who called home from her mission in Ohio for Mother's Day.

Another reason I know summer is here is because Jeff is crazy busy at work. He left at 5:00 this morning for a big job in Price. He will stay there most of the week for the next two months. Yuck!

8 comments:

Anthony and Christel said...

I love the picture of the back of Daisy on her horse! So sweet. You should email it to me, and I will scrapbook a page for her. I still need to email pics of our weekend at the cabin. I am such a bum, I haven't even done it yet. Oh by the way, thanks for the card of that weekend. What a great idea, it was a great surprise in my mailbox!

The Cox Family said...

I feel like summer maybe coming also! I am proud of Daisy too. It is not easy getting back on those big horses or pony in her case after falling off. I am glad that your family had a great mother's day. It is so fun talking to missionaries huh? I that is one of my favorite parts about mother's day!

Mindy said...

Sounds fun and busy! Poor Daisy I hope shes okay! Shes such a brave girl! Oh yeah this is me officially RSVPing to the Jones Mother's Day Family BBQ! Just let Z and M know! Thanks for the card! Although I could've gone without seeing myself blown up in that picture...YIKES!!!

Brandi said...

Poor Daisy...but good for her for getting back on! That's what life is all about , right?? hay, is that your mom in one of those pictures?? I haven't seen her in like, 10 years...She looks so good!! She looks younger than when i saw her last! She's so cute! And you look the same as 10 years ago! Still look 18! :) Glad you had a good mother's day...all mom's deserve it!

Jana said...

Happy mothers day! I can also tell that summer is coming because I am being a lazy teacher. I am letting my students do whatever they want! 9 more days! I hope that I survive!

Thanks for the card, it was so cool!

Brandi said...

Thanks for all the comments!! It makes my day! Okay, so usually I find myself in front of a bowl of cookies n creme OR chocolate fudge brownie. Or else, I'll just have a good ol' banana split! MMM....You should do Thankful Thursdays too! Yeah, all week I was thinking of the things I am thankful for too.
It makes you step back and take a good look at how blessed you really are!

Teri said...

Hey Natasha,

How fun that your kids get to experience being around horses. That's why be bought our property in Idaho, Rich wants horses really bad someday. And I want to live closer to my sisters, so we'll both get what we want! Brooklyn loves horses, I take her to ride the ponies at Thanksgiving point. She loves wearing her cowboy boots and hat!

Teri said...

Oh yeah, I cant believe Daisy got back on that horse! Tuff girl!!!