We took some pictures so we could make an invitation to send out to family and a few friends that he wanted to invite to his special day.
He's pretty much a stud. When he gave an invitation to the missionaries, they said, "You look like a missionary!" You couldn't have given him a greater compliment. This guy wants to be a missionary. He wears his dad's missionary nametag to church each week, and he talks about his mission all the time.
When his baptism day finally came, he was nervous and excited.
One reason the day was so special was all of the family that came to support Levi. (Is it better to include the only picture of Grandma I have even though her eyes are closed, or not include a picture of her at all???)
Great-Grandma Mary was even there.
Joe and Andrew, his buddies from school came.
And Grandpa and Grandma Jones were there too.
Great-Grandpa and Grandma Cherrington made the trip.
And the Dansie Family Circus celebrated together.
I'm glad we got to share this special day with Levi, but I'm even more grateful that I get to share every day with him. Levi is very conscientious about being a good example. He knows that he needs to act the way a follower of Christ would act, and he tries very hard to be a good friend to everyone. Levi has an innate desire to do what is right, and he has an incredibly sensitive spirit. In preparation for his baptism we talked often about what the Holy Ghost feels like. Even before he had the Holy Ghost as his constant companion, Levi was familiar with the voice of the Spirit. Levi is determined and driven. I consider it a great privilege to be his mom, and I look forward to many more special days with this great kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment