Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Back to School

Why has it taken me so long to post about school starting? Because I'm still in denial. I feel like we got ripped off when it comes to summer. June felt like March and then it rained most of July. When August finally arrived so did summer...and then school started! The good news is that Daisy got the best teacher in our district. Grandma Jones took her on a special school shopping trip - just the two of them - a few weeks before school started. She got a load of cute new school clothes that fit just right. She is still having fun choosing what she will wear to school the next day each night before she goes to bed.

Me? Don't worry, I cried the first day of school. I walked Daisy into the school (not for her, for me.) She led me to her classroom where we had hugs and kisses and said goodbye. As I walked back down the hall and out of the school I had tears running down my cheeks. You'd think I could handle the first day of school by now, but no, I was broken hearted once again as I left my little girl at the big school.

Now that we're a few weeks into it, I'm actually excited for her to have a really fun year. Second grade was one of my favorite. It was the year I learned to love to write. Not only does she have a great teacher, she has a good group of kids in her class. Back to school we are!

2 comments:

The Cox Family said...

Amen on feeling like we really didn't have a summer. I am not a huge fan of the winter, so to think that it is coming so quickly makes me sad. Daisy looks so cute in her new school clothes and I am glad she got the best teacher in your district!

Brandi said...

Well, I am the lucky one to have Miss. Daisy in my class. She is such a joy and very smart. I cried happy tears when I found out that she was going to be in my class. We are going to have a FANTASTIC year!!! :) Thanks so much Natasha, your words mean so much! (don't know about the best teacher though, I just LOVE what I do) :):)