I love the feeling of the New Year. I can't think of a better followup to the celebrations of Christmas than to contemplate and commit to ways I can become a better person. That's what the new year does for me. The fresh start of the new year is motivating. I can accomplish anything! A whole year! Four whole seasons! Maybe this will be the year that I...[fill in the blank]!
It is gratifying for me to imagine what 2011 will bring. This will be the year before Daisy turns eight - the year she prepares for baptism. This will be the year that we study the New Testament and get the chance to apply all of Christ's actions, reactions, and parables to the things we will face this year. This will be the last year I spend in the decade of my twenties before entering that dark place on the other side of twenty-something. This will be the year my Isaac will officially enter the 'terrible twos' although I think he is getting a head start. Maybe this will be the year I get to stop buying diapers? This will be the year that Jeff and I celebrate our 10th Christmas together. This will be the year that Levi will turn 5 - wow! This will be the year that I discover the magic secret on how to keep up with the laundry. Ok, maybe that's a stretch.
Amid all of the things to look forward to this year, there are sure to be some disappointments among the unknowns. In twelve months when I am on the other side of this year there are sure to be trials and heartaches that I look back on. With all that is sure to come, expected or not, with this year, my most sincere desire for 2011 is this: when I come to the end of this year I will be a better person than I am right now. I will be a little more patient, humble, focused, willing to serve, compassionate, healthy, disciplined, worthy, insightful, empathetic, and charitable. I will be a little more like my Savior.
What will happen for you this year?
3 comments:
what a great post! you are such a great example to me natasha...i'm so glad that we happened to be in your ward :) p.s. the christmas pictures of your little kiddos are adorable!! your family is awesome!
You are way more focused and determined than I am. Good luck!!
I love this post. So true. So many things on the horizon. I love you so much and love learning from you.
Post a Comment