Sunday, October 18, 2009

Wallet Woes

If you recognize the big black rectangle in the photo it is a sign that you really know me. I got this wallet in the 8th grade. It has two zipper compartments. One is the wallet part, which has more than enough room for my coupons, checkbook, club cards, money, business cards, etc. The other compartment is one of those old school planners. You know, the kind where you write down your appointments on the dated calendar pages. Yeah, I almost have to special order the refills since nobody uses these dinosaurs anymore...except me. That's the section where my kids' photos live and where I have paper to write down everything I need to in a day, like how I want my meat cut at the deli counter, or a note to leave on the windshield of the lady I visit teach. This wallet is a monster. It doesn't fit in a purse. It is a purse. I love it. Here's the really bad news. My wallet died. The zipper finally broke to a point beyond repair.
Since a person cannot be without a wallet I went to the dreaded Wal-Mart and bought the biggest wallet I could find. It's an ugly sucker. And it's too small. It's a wrestling match to get my coupons out at the grocery store. I am accumulating coins because it is too complicated to fish them out and use them. I don't have any room for note paper! I'm soliciting advice. What do you carry all of your essentials in? How do you fit everything? Help!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

oh noooooo!!

Teri said...

Hey Natasha,

Your funny, maybe you can send your old wallet back to the company and they can repair the broken zipper??

I sent you a email about the Temple Picture class,but I'm not sure if I have your right email address. I'm doing a temple picture class at my house on Oct 28th at 6:30. If that date works I can see if I can add your order in, for it to be here in time.

We are still applying to P.A schools, we heard back from one school in NM. Rich went out for an interview, and was put on their waiting list. We still have a few more schools we are waiting to hear back from. We also applied to the nursing program at the U. If he doesn't get accepted to P.A school this year, but gets accepted into the nursing program then we'll do that program. And apply again to P.A school when he's done with the nursing program. Having a nursing degree, should help out a ton with getting in to a P.A school, it's pretty competitive. Applying to schools has been quite the process, we are having to learn a little bit of patience through all of this. But it's been good for us.

I've written too much!! Talk to you soon - Teri

Anthony and Christel said...

I use our envelope system, which has room for our cards, coupons, money, checkbook/register, and pen. I love it!!

Paul and Stacey said...

I would start hunting for a new one like it. Maybe try some college book stores because they have some great inexpensive planner type wallets. I hate when I have to get rid of something I like! Why do things have to get worn out. Stacey