Monday, December 8, 2008

Almost Halfway!

I have been praying for the last week to be able to feel the baby move. I just needed the reassurance. Well, my prayer was answered in the middle of the night. It was 2:30 in the morning and I had just gone to check on Daisy. As soon as I got back into bed I laid my hands across my waist and felt the baby - not just inside, but with my hands on the outside. Then it happened again. I woke Jeff up and made him feel it too just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. He said he couldn't believe that the baby doesn't yet weigh a pound and you can feel it so strongly.
Top 5 Reasons I Love This Stage of Pregnancy:
1. Feeling the baby!
2. Daisy talking to my belly.
3. Telling people 'no' when they ask if I'm expecting, just for kicks.
4. Wearing big comfy hoodies every day.
5. Eating lemons with salt - yum!

Top 5 Reasons I Would Complain if I Weren't So Excited:
1. Too fat for big pants, not big enough for maternity.
2. Eating more than my entire family put together at every meal.
3. Back fat...I thought the baby was in my belly!
4. The pass-out low blood sugar feeling I get if I don't eat every 12 minutes.
5. Pregnancy acne - just like high school.

10 comments:

Shane and Kendra said...

There is nothing better than the anticipation of a new baby...other than actually having that little baby finally arrive:) Halfway already - Congratulations! Enjoy all the benefits (excuses) of being pregnant!

Sylvia said...

Lemons and salt! Never heard of that one. Glad that your to the half way mark, and felt your baby. How exciting!

Tanya said...

You are so funny. I laughed out loud when I read your post. How exciting to feel the baby already. I can't believe that you are halfway already. The baby will be here before you know it! :)

Anthony and Christel said...

You are so funny...and so real! I just love ya! That is exciting to feel the baby...and that Jeff could feel it with you! That is such a cool part of being pregnant!

Jana said...

At least you only get back fat when your pregnant. Your lists are so funny. I love reading your blog. So do you know what you are having?

Mindy said...

So true...minus the salt with lemon! I cannot wait to meet your smanish boy...you might have some explainging to do.

Devin & Shalise said...

I always crack up when I read your comments on being pregnant... I can't decide if I should put myself through such a thing or not!! Just kidding SOMEDAY!!

Brandi said...

Ohhh...that is one of the many highlights of being prego! I remember feeling both of my babies move for the first time. Isn't it amazing?!
Yeah, can't beleive you are halfway! I am so excited for you!! Daisy will be the best little "mommy"! And Levi will be a darling big brother i am sure!

The Cox Family said...

Feeling the baby move was probably the only thing I enjoyed about being pregnant! That is so fun. What an exciting time for your family. Are you guys going to find out what you are having?

Paul and Stacey said...

It really does make you feel so much better to feel the baby moving. It is such reassurance that everything is okay. I'm glad you are doing so well.
Stacey